Friday, October 28, 2016

The Q&A Tag And The Blogger Recognition Award

 I have received two very nice reasons to post from Abby P and Cordy. :) Thank you, dears! 
Cordy tagged me with the Q and A Tag, and I'm going to answer her questions first. :)

1.When you're worried and you can't sleep, what do you do?
*steps onto soapbox* LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SLEEPING, OK. I'm the kind of person who lives inside their head, and that means that I'm always thinking, always dreaming, always wondering about things. It's especially bad at night. So unless I'm super tired from the day, It's hard for me to get to sleep. Worrying doesn't usually keep me awake. About a year ago I asked God to help me not to worry about things, and since then I've just decided to not let things bother me. (And how did this turn into a testimony...?) Anyways, when I can't sleep, I read whatever book I'm working on, or I imagine made-up scenarios in my head for stories (or just for fun). 

 2.What is your favorite spice associated with Autumn?
I'm actually not an "Autumn spice" sort of person. Everyone's going crazy with pumpkin spice this and pumpkin spice that, but I really don't like spices, to eat or smell. I don't even like cinnamon. *guilty face* Sorry! XD
 3. Do you know any great Thanksgiving songs?
Just at the moment I can't think of any. People really need to write more Thanksgiving songs. Sometimes I feel like Thanksgiving is a grossly overlooked holiday. 
  
4. What was the last book you read and liked?
 The last book I read was The Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery. I did like it, although it struck me as unusual. You can read my (very short) Goodreads review here.


 5. Have you ever given yourself a theme song/s? Share one.
 What a very unique and interesting question! I was never into 'Theme songs' growing up, but if I would have to pick a song that I appreciate for the truth in the words being apart of my life, I would pick the old hymn (I absolutely love old hymns. I get ridiculously excited whenever my church sings one amid all the modern day worship songs) Because He Lives. 

The chorus goes: 
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
*sniff*
All these people running around trying to find a purpose in life and all the YOLO stuff and I'm over here like, "Yeaaahhhh Jesus!" XD  


6. If you could be costumed appropriately as anyone you wanted, who would you be?
Probably a random person from historical times. I think it would be really neat to dress in a Civil War gown, but I also love the 1950s era for clothes too. 
If you mean a character from a movie, I would dress up as Galadriel from the Lord of the Rings. Everyone says I look like her (well not everyone, but several people, including strangers) and I think it would be cool to actually dress up as her and get a wig for the blond hair.

7. What's a hobby you excel at? (Yup, give yourself a compliment, my friends.)
I don't know about excelling, but I do have a lot of hobbies that I enjoy. 
I've been told that I'm good at jewelry, writing, nail art, and just making random crafts. :) 


That's a picture from a craft I made that never got published. :) Notice the Downton Abbey embellishments.

8. What is your favorite holiday decoration that is a staple in your house?
I'm not a huge fan of decorating. I leave that stuff to my mom, who enjoys it. I tell her, "Have fun, but leave me out of it! I don't want any part in all of this." And she's just fine with that. I really enjoy the Christmas tree every year. We get ours fresh, so it's nice and smelly and REAL. We like to use colorful lights. 

9. Do you sing out-loud, or hum? (You know, when you're housecleaning and the like.)
I do like to sing out loud, when I know I'm not bothering anybody. :) 
I find myself doing it a lot when I sweep and dust. I really like to sing old hymns to God when I clean. Cleaning helps me think, and it's just a great time to reflect on the beauty of old songs written for God. I often find myself humming Adam Young Scores, too. :)

10. Do you have a favorite word? What is it?
 There are many words that I enjoy as a writer. Some of them include:
Charisma
 Zenith
Ecstasy 
Charm
Cosmo-
Bliss
Psychologically
Celestial
Void
Endure
Redeem
Opia
Surreal
Venus
Absinthe (don't ask)
Talisman


 As you can see, my choice of 'Favorite Words' are quite random.



And I believe that was the last one!
Thank you, Cordy! I'm going to go ahead and keep her questions because I like them so well, and I want to see what your guy's answers are! For this one I'm not tagging anybody, but do please answer the questions if you like to!
Questions:
1.When you're worried and you can't sleep, what do you do?
2.What is your favorite spice associated with Autumn?
3. Do you know any great Thanksgiving songs?
4. What was the last book you read and liked?
5. Have you ever given yourself a theme song/s? Share one.
6. If you could be costumed appropriately as anyone you wanted, who would you be?
7. What's a hobby you excel at? (Yup, give yourself a compliment, my friends.)
8. What is your favorite holiday decoration that is a staple in your house?
9. Do you sing out-loud, or hum? (You know, when you're housecleaning and the like.)
10. Do you have a favorite word? What is it?

 Blogger Recognition Award

Abby P from Lavender Spring tagged me for the Blogger Recognition Reward. Thank you so much!

Here are the Rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Tell a little bit about how you started blogging.
Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Thank you, Abby! (Her blog is linked at the top of this post if you wanna go read it.) :)
Why/How I started blogging:
I started blogging for much the same reason as everyone else. I wanted to be apart of the lovely blogging world. I don't talk much, but that does not mean that I don't have a lot to say. I don't tend to share my opinion until I am absolutely sure of myself and my thoughts. When blogging, I can take as much time as I want to write WHAT I want, or I can choose not to do so. 
It gives me, as an introvert, the opportunity to let my ideas GO somewhere to affect people, instead of just bouncing around the inside of my head. And you, as the reader, can choose to read my opinions or not. 
That's the beauty of blogging. If you don't like something, you can unfollow.

My Pieces of Advice:
Number One: Don't talk about stuff you PLAN on posting before you post it. Because then you might decide you don't want to post that, and if you go around promising posts to people, you'll feel bad for not posting it after you said you were going to, and the readers will get confused and disappointed.
 There's no need to put pressure on yourself to post. If you don't want to post for five weeks, then don't! Just don't tell your readers how often you plan on posting.It makes things mixed up.

Number Two: Lol what do you think I am, a blogging expert?! 
Well, maybe I could say this: don't be shy to post. I mean, when I first started blogging, I was so self conscious about what I wrote that it was ridiculous.
Just don't worry about what people think. Who are you writing this for, anyways? Have fun! Post about anything and everything you want. There's no need to be shy and go around apologizing in every post and every comment you make because "I'm new to blogging". Being a new blogger is a really fun thing, and if you have a good time, your readers will have a good time too.
For this Award I am only tagging ONE BLOGGER (15? Really?) and that would be Abbie C.
Anyways.
I suppose I am done heaping my majestic opinions on you for today. I hope you're having a nice Fall!
-Amaris

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post, Phoebe! Just all the teeny little things about you that add to your character but you don't normally think about. :)
    I love hymns! My favorite right now is Fly Fly Away. I think it's sad that we don't sing hymns anymore; compared to a lot of songs that are popular now-a-days that don't even have much in them,*COUGH* Good Good Father *grinds teeth**COUGH* hymns are truly so inspiring and special. Most songs now just repeat the same things over and over, and they use basic chords. Which I don't have a problem with when I'm trying to pick it up on my piano, but it lacks variation.
    My thoughts, my rants.
    I need a blog.
    Maybe after I graduate. Most likely that's when I'll get one. :/
    You excel at being a good friend!!! That is your major. :)
    Love you, Phoebe!
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I loved your answer.

    7. I'm so jealous! Could you teach me jewelry making? ;) It's something I wish I could do.

    10. *Cordy nods through the list* I really liked ecstasy and void.

    Okay that picture with "Opia", I wrote a post on that awhile back. I don't know if you would be interested or not but the principle fascinates me. I just wish I'd know there was a word for it before I'd written the post. :)
    http://thesensiblepen.blogspot.com/2016/10/writing-101-eyes-eye-contact.html

    Your advice is perfect for me. I'm afraid I have a habit of trying to set a schedule for my blog...it's just not working out. Haha.

    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...