Monday, November 13, 2017

The Book Lover Tag!

How nice, I have been tagged to answer these questions by Rachel from A Girl's Place! Thank you, Rachel!

(Btw, I just found her blog like 2 weeks ago, but I love browsing it! Go check it out for sure. There now! I shall continue).

Here are the Rules:
  • Answer the questions
  • Have fun (don't worry)
  • Tag some book-loving bloggers
Here are the questions, and my answers! I hope you enjoy.

1. If you could rewrite the end of a book, which one would it be?
This question is so hard... (come on, Amaris. It's only the first question. Get it together).
I honestly had a book once where I thought of writing an ending of my own. But I just can't remember what book it was. :P I'm afraid I'm ending up like with a horrid old brain. Tell you what: if I ever remember it,  I will come back and edit this answer on this post some time in the future, k?

2. Which fictional character are you most like?
Allow me to direct you to this tag I did.


3. Do you have any signed books?
I LOVE THIS QUESTION.
I am especially excited to answer this one, because I just got a new signed book! One of my favorite 'old' actors when I was a kid (and nowadays, too), was Charleton Heston. When I saw him in The Ten Commandments for the first time, I just thought he was just the best thing that ever happened to Hollywood.

Long story short, I happened to find his autobiography last time I went to a thrift store in my area. I bought it because 1. I still really like Chuck Heston, and 2. It was only 50 cents and in really good condition.
When I was looking at it later, I happened to turn to the title page and realized it was signed! I looked it up online to make sure, and according to a lot of images I found, it's his true real signature!
And you know that if the Internet says something, you KNOW it must be true, right?
(right? Guys?)
I was so excited. The book is now my precious.

Anyways, after that whole big long story, I also went to a book signing last year and got  my copy of The Book Thief signed by Markus Zusak, which was also a very fun experience.


4. What's the best book you've read so far this year? 
*goes to Goodreads because I'm terrible at remembering these things*
Well, to be honest there haven't been TOO many amazing discoveries in books for me this year (I've only read 11), but a few that stand out are 1. The Help (which I'm reading right now, actually), 2. Rachel's Tears (which was heartbreaking but good), and 3. Hidden Places, which I actually read TWICE this year.
Overall, I have to say the best was Hidden Places.

5. Do you have any bookish pet peeves? 
CAN YOU AUTHOR PEOPLE STOP ITALICIZING SO MANY WORDS. I know some people don't have a problem with it, but I find it quite annoying. It's ok if you're using them while typing a blog post, but in a book? It's just... eegh.
I also hate it when there are a ton of cheesy love scenes in a book that don't exactly do anything to make me love the characters more, nor do they drive the story forward in any way.
Annoying.


6. Out of the books you have read this year, what has had your favorite cover?
(I have exercised my power as the Author Of This Blog and changed the spelling of 'favourite' to 'favorite'. Hah. Haha. Power. Yes.)

That would be Mara, Daughter of the Nile. I had been wanting to read this one for years because I loved the cover and it had such a nice Egyptian aesthetic. Which I love (I loved The Ten Commandments, remember?).


7. Is there a book that releases this year that you cannot wait to read?
Actually, I don't really follow a lot of current authors. I always like it when Lynn Austin comes out with something new, but I don't think she's coming out with anything any time soon. *shrug* I know. Boring answer. :)

8. What is your favorite non-fiction book?
(Again, changed the spelling of favourite. Hah. hah.)
Going back again to 'favorite books of this year so far', I have to say that I really liked 'Rachel's Tears'. I gotta admit, I don't really read a lot of non-fiction. It has to have REALLY good reviews for me to even be tempted. I do think that I will enjoy Charleton Heston's autobiography, but I can't list that here, because I haven't read it yet. :) It looked really interesting, though.
Oh, and when I was in high-school, I read The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom, which was also a masterpiece of written history.


9. Do you have any favorite location and/or time period to have a book set in?
I looooove medieval settings in books. I enjoyed The False Prince series for that (also because they was a smashing good books, you know).
I usually like Civil War setting books as well, but I've been kind of tired of those lately.
I also usually love WWII books. But some of them can get too morbid. : / 

10. Is there a book that reminds you of something else?  
This is a very broad question, I feel, but I think I have an answer. I've mentioned this before on my blog, but The Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery, reminds me of a very relaxing Summer I had once a few years ago, during which I was able to read lots of books, and I loved looking out my window for no reason at all, and I just saw beauty in every little thing because Life was a good time for me.

~*~
Well, look at that! I'm done!
And I wrote this entire post all in one sitting, too! Usually I have to come back to finish a post I'm working on, but I just saw that Rachel tagged me like half an hour ago, and here I am finished with the tag! Hooray for me. :)

Let me think, who do I want to tag?
Let's do:
Natalie
Abbie
Morgan
Cordy

If any of my tagged people have already done these questions, I'm sorry I didn't notice! You don't have to do this tag again in that case... unless you want to. :)
There now! Off you pop!
(Can you tell I've been watching Sherlock BBC again, what with the British phrases?)

 The Questions:
1. If you could rewrite the end of a book, which one would it be?
2. Which fictional character are you most like?
3. Do you have any signed books?
4. What's the best book you've read so far this year?
5. Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
6. Out of the books you have read this year, what has had your favourite cover
7. Is there a book that releases this year that you cannot wait to read?
8. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
9. Do you have any favourite location and/or time period to have a book set in?
10. Is there a book that reminds you of something else? 


I hope you enjoy doing this tag! If you don't have a blog, feel free to answer these in the comments! I would LOVE to read your answers! (*LOOKS DIRECTLY AT BEST FRIEND*)
Ok.
Bye! 

-Amaris 

4 comments:

  1. How cool that you have those signed copies!

    Nice answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, here goes attempt number 3.

    1. If you could rewrite the end of a book, which one would it be?
    The book that pops to my head is the last Emily book, by L. M. Montgomery. The ending was good, actually, but the most of the book I spent being so frustrated at Emily, that I would definitely rewrite that.

    2. Which fictional character are you most like?
    I think Diana Barry, Arwen Undomiel, and Frodo Baggins. I feel like there's someone else just on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember who. :(

    3. Do you have any signed books?
    Nope.

    4. What's the best book you've read so far this year?
    The Book Thief. Second best was Tarzan of the Apes.

    5. Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
    I hate it when authors write like several paragraphs on something that isn't relevant to the story.

    6. Out of the books you have read this year, what has had your favorite cover?
    The Fellowship of the Ring. I'm so proud of that copy.

    7. Is there a book that releases this year that you cannot wait to read?
    Nah.

    8. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
    Crazy Love, by Francis Chan, and Do Hard Things, by Alex and Brett Harris.

    9. Do you have any favorite location and/or time period to have a book set in?
    Hm. Not...really...I like a wide range of time periods, but there's not a specific time period or location.

    10. Is there a book that reminds you of something else? 
    Oh definitely. The Fellowship of the Ring reminds me of baseball games and
    early to late summer. Miracles on Maple Hill reminds me snowy days in January. Jane Eyre reminds me of bleak November(no coincidence). The Two Towers reminds me of a specific time when I was sick and I was reading about Shelob and the more I read, the sicker I felt. Now every time I read it, I feel sick. There's several others. Books have always had a connection to the time I was reading it for me.

    Anyway. Hope you're happy, Amaris!
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana:
      Thank you for your answers! YES, I AM HAPPY, THANK YOU FOR ASKING.
      :D
      Number 5: YES. I hate it too when I read like a whole page in a book and then I'm like... "what is this even for... why is this part even in here..."
      Sometimes it makes sense later on, but it's so annoying when there IS NO REASON for it to be in there. It's truly a disappointment. YOU HAVE FAILED ME, AUTHOR.
      Ahem.

      6. Which Fellowship of the Ring copy do you have? I've seen lots of good covers for that book. :) I really like the ones that have the actors on it, but I like the older illustrated copies as well. They have such a whimsical feel to them.

      10. I forgot to mention this when I was writing my answers in the tag, but that happens to me too! Whenever I re-read a book, I remember what was happening LAST time I read it. I don't get that feeling often, though, because there are very few books that I've actually read more than once.

      Anyways, thank you again for commenting, dear! Or should I say TAURIEL? In reference to our last conversation about your similarities between characters. :)
      -Amaris

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...