Monday, February 5, 2018

The Inspiration of Cloudy Days // January // 2018

A few notes from January2018, the first month of the year!

Enjoying a newly discovered show - Poldark BBC. While not for every audience, I find it quite enjoyable. (+ You guys. Aiden Turner. His acting. Just. *claps* No words.)


Also in the film department, may I recommend The Greatest Showman to every being on the planet? Good. Cause it's special.
Ya need to watch it.

I also discovered a show called Survivor. And I am way more intrigued with it than I expected to be. 


Enjoying the slow days at my job after the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. (Yes, I actually enjoy slow days). Thankfully, the ever-so-nice people who work there let me read books during slow hours. #blessed Also, cloudy Winter days are totally my aesthetic right now. Anyone else?

NOT enjoying having to miss three days of said job because I was dreadfully ill earlier this month (well it wasn't that bad, actually. But still. Who loves being sick? Not me). And thus missing three days worth of pay, and thus that much less in smartphone budget that I'm TRYING to save up for.
*mad face*


So, I took our Christmas decorations down earlier this month
 It is done. Forever. Once and for all. What is it I'm talking about? I have removed a real tree from it's stand and dragged it into my back yard to burn (dropping needles all the way) for the last time. Next year, we switch to fake trees. Boy am I excited for that.

Working on a schedule for my devotions. I admit, I am not as consistent as I would like to be with my scripture reading. The holidays have thrown me off spending the time with Him. But it's ok. It's getting better now with my new routine, and He loves me the same. 


Trying to keep up with my book reading goals of 2018!

In January:
  • A Proper Pursuit (by Lynn Austin)
  • The False Prince (by Jennifer Neilson)
  • Rhett and Link's Book of Mythicality (by Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal) 
All of which I enjoyed to different extents. :) 

Listening to the new releases by Owl City. Didrick: Ready to Fly (absolutely beautiful, this song. I am so stunned.) I always love it when he collaborates with other artists. It's kind of different and special. Also, the latest releases from Owl City's new album Cinematic: Lucid Dream, and Montana. The story behind Lucid Dream is interesting, too.
Seriously, you guys. Adam's music is manna from heaven. I love listening to it on the way to work.


Lastly,
Turning 20. *whew* 20 years old. It seems unbelievable. 20. whole. years.
No longer a teenager.
 Of course, I never really considered myself a teenager, anyways. I'm not a fan of labels. But still. It is official, nonetheless.
So how do I feel? *shrug* I don't know.

Actually, I'm thirsty.
So bye!

-Amaris

8 comments:

  1. I know so many people that were sick in January. (Haha, like me.) What is with the beginning of 2018, anyway?! I hope you're feeling better..?

    Things were slow for me at work for a bit. Just slow enough for us to thoroughly clean the store from the holidays. But Valentine's is fast approaching so we're back into busy business. :)

    I actually used my holiday pay from last year to get myself a smartphone, so I know the feeling!

    HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cordy:
      Yes, thankfully I have put the sickness behind me, so I am doing great these days. :) Tbh, though, a few days off were kinda fun. I read a lot.

      Yes, we're starting to get busier too. But we still have slow spots. :)

      Thank you! I did have a great birthday. :) :) :)

      -Amaris

      Delete
  2. I love your blog. Can I just say that.
    I think Ready To Fly is my favorite song right now. Just...I love it. I didn't like Montana as much as I thought I would, though. :/ It's still good, of course.
    I enjoy every bit of sunshine that I can get, BUT I do like the cloudy days to some extent. They're good for writing and coffee in bed. :)
    I don't know, there's something about live trees that fake trees will just never have. The smell, for one thing. No matter how many tree-smell-ornaments you buy, nothing smells as fresh as a fresh tree.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY. AGAIN.
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana:
      AW. *sniff* Thank you! I would love your blog too.... IF YOU HAD ONE.
      *ahem*

      Yes. Ready To Fly. I love it. *so beautiful*
      I agree about 'Montana', but I'm holding back any further opinions I have until I get more used to the song.

      Coffee in bed, huh? WELL DON'T SPILL IT.

      True. Fake trees don't smell. But they don't SHED like a hound dog in 95 degree weather either.
      *shrug* you know.

      THANK YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
      -Amaris

      Delete
    2. DO YOU REALIZE THAT HOUND DOGS DON'T SHED.
      THEY'RE SHORT-HAIRED. SO THEY DON'T SHED.
      THEY CAN LOSE HAIR, YES, BUT THEY DON'T DROP IT ALL IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER/
      I THINK YOU MEAN A SHEEP DOG.
      CAUSE NOTHING SHEDS LIKE THOSE THINGS.

      Delete
    3. OK GOSH.
      IT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE.
      I JUST MEAN DOGS IN GENERAL.

      HERE LEMME SAY IT. REAL TREES SHED LIKE SHEEP DOGS.

      Delete
  3. I guess I need to listen to Owl City...

    Happy way, way, way, late birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (I see on your sidebar that you are reading Sherlock Holmes, what do you think?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he's great. :) At least I think so.

      Haha thanks! Late is ok! :D

      Sherlock Holmes is going pretty well. I'm enjoying it much more than when I HAD to read it for high school. :)
      -Amaris

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...