Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Greatest Showman Book Tag // Taking a Break From my Break

Hello....

It's mee.....
(You've forgotten me, haven't you?)

I am taking a break from my hiatus (actually that doesn't really make sense because isn't a HIATUS a break? So..... I'm taking a break from my break...?) because I read this really cool tag on Eva's blog, and I had to jump in and steal it!
Things are slowing down a bit with our moving (as in, the work is getting less and less the more we clean up and stuff), so hopefully I can be back to posting regular posts really soon!
In the meanwhile, here we go.

Edit cred: Eva
Rules:
~Answer the Questions
~Tag Whoever You Want

(I think I can do that...)


The Greatest Show: Name a book that's as entertaining as a circus.
Well, nothing comes directly to mind except for Rhett & Link's Book of Mythicality, which was quite fun to read, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you watch their YouTube channel, because that's what it's all about... :)

A Million Dreams: Name a book that's set in a fantastical world.
Well, I don't read a lot of books from that genre, so I'm just going to say The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Last time I read the series, the third book was my favorite.


Come Alive: Name a book that makes you outrageously happy.
I gotta say Lynn Austin's Hidden Places, not because it's a happy book per se, but it always makes me happy when I read this one because I love her writing so much. But I totally agree with Eva about The Blue Castle too. 

The Other Side: Name a book that changed your mind about something.
This book by Jack Klumpenhower, Show Them Jesus. This is probably the most influential book I've ever read in my life, other than the Bible. It's that good. The truths are amazing.

Never Enough: Name a book that you've re-read more than once.
Anne of Green Gables. That book made me so happy during my high school days. I need to read it again. I actually learned a lot about writing from that book, plus Anne's misadventures and Montgomery's writing style always make me smile.



This is Me: Name a book with a character that reminds you of yourself.
I wish I could say Patrick Jane from The Mentalist... but that's a TV Show. I have never met a character more like myself than that guy. But since this is a BOOK tag, I'm going to say Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. He does what is right while (mostly) keeping his mouth shut. He's great.

Re-write the Stars: Name a book with a forbidden romance.
I really love forbidden romance situations, so I wish I knew more books with them, but I don't so I'm going to say Lynn Austin's A Proper Pursuit. Although that one isn't super dramatic the way I like them. #yes i'm cliche sometimes
o

Tightrope: Name a book with an adventurous main character.
 I couldn't possibly name any other book or character than Sage from The False Prince Trilogy. I always admired the strength of that guy, and how he never stops. His cleverness never ends.

From Now On: Name a book with a wonderful family (related or otherwise)
Well, I'm going to go with the 'otherwise' option, and say how much I liked the companionship of the characters in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. They are not family, but they stuck together through the war, and afterward. And they accepted Juliet into their adorable circle of trust and friendship. *sigh* It makes my heart happy. I love that book. (WHO ELSE IS EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE. Let me hear ya!)

There we go. I love book tags. Thanks for letting me steal from you, Eva! :)

I Tag:
Tessa at This Great Adventure (AKA - MY VERY BEST FRIEND WHO NOW HAS A BLOG)
Abbie at Chronicles in Bloom
Mary from Sunshine & Scribblings

Go check out Eva's post here.

It was nice writing a post again for once! I will be back soon, my bloggy friends...

-Amaris

8 comments:

  1. Awww! Thank you for tagging me and basically giving me a shout-out. I'm feeling down today, but this lovely post and your mentioning me made me smile. :)
    I will fill this out as soon as I can. :)
    But a few notes first...
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, yassss. So excited for that movie. :) :) :)
    Also, just a friendly FYI...It's the Ascendance Trilogy...not the False Prince Trilogy. But you're close enough. ;D
    With every single book, I was like, yep...oh yeah...OH I LOVE THAT ONE...oh, that's what I'm gonna put down...Excellent choices, my dear.
    Love you, Amaris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Everyone needs to read a shout out for your blog! THIS IS A SHOUTOUT FOR TESSAS BLOGGGGGGG EVERYONE GO READ ITTT.
      Hehe.
      Yes. That movie. DO YOU WANT TO GO SEE IT TOGETHERERRR.

      How dare you correct meeeee...... *TRIGGERED*........
      (jk)

      I coulda sworn it went by BOTH names, but hey. *shrug* The Ascendance Trilogy it is, yessir. *salutes*

      I hope you enjoy doing the tag!!
      -Amaris

      Delete
  2. Amaris!!! So glad you’re back! Thank you so much for tagging me! I haven’t watched this movie (hides from fangirls) so should I still do the tag? It looks like a lot of fun!
    ❤️ Abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Abbie! You're welcome. :)
      I think you could totally do it even if you haven't seen the movie! It's not really a tag about the movie, it's a tag about books. :)
      -Amaris

      Delete
  3. I wish I could watch The Greatest Showman. It sounds soooo great! But it's nowhere in the library or on Netflix, so I'll have to wait(like always with books and movies and series of all kind). I always liked the aunt(what was her name again? I haven't read Hidden Places in a long while, so I can't remember. It was something with a B...) You're right about that by the way, Lynn Austins writing is so good, I always love it. Aw, Anne of Green Gables brings back memories. I have read the book several times too and the mini-serie(not the third part, we only watched that one time). Atticus Finch was a great character in To Kill A Mockingbird. To Set A Watchman(the second part) was a bit less good than the first book. I only read it once. I love A Proper Pursuit. Violet and all of the aunts! And Silas.
    The False Prince Trilogy! Those books! I LOVE those books so much! Don't even know how many times I read it anymore. Sage is such an amazing character, he is really so clever(like you mentioned) and he never gives up(very stubborn). I wish I could make such a character.
    That's a thing I reaaaally loved about The Guernsey Society. The relationship between all the characters. They are so cozy, friendly and family-ish with eachother. I really hope they capture that feeling too in the movie. And yeah, I'm SO excited about the movie! I want to see it, NOW! (A little part in my brains is scared it's gonna be a disappointment and that it's gonna be different from the books. I mean, a little different is okay, but don't go change a lot about it. I'm sure it won't be a disappointment though, the trailer looked very good) Here in the Netherlands it's already in the cinemas, yay! I hope it will come on Netflix very soon(or in the libraries)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So ironic, Amaris - we were listening to the Greatest Showman soundtrack when I read this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne of Green Gables is a book that I re-read at least once every year or two. I love that book. In fact, I just finished doing an Anne of Green Gables experiment for my blog and it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...