Thursday, November 29, 2018

Time Passes

It's funny how humans make their little plans, and they have these little expectations for what they hope things to be like, as if they really had any control over the way things will actually turn out.

*a rather deep opening sentence to this post, i know*

For instance, this year went absolutely nothing how I expected it would.




There's only one thing that happened this year that went how I expected. My movie-watching plans! I determined to watch more movies this year, and by George, I definitely did! That I am glad of. There were many movies that really needed to be watched by me.
I kept a movie log throughout the year, and I plan to hopefully post it some time in December... if I can actually DO SOMETHING I PLAN, FOR ONCE.

Did you know I expected this year to be one of my biggest blogging years yet for The Storybook Journal? I had so many post ideas... I even planned to do some special blogging with my best friend, since she finally got a blog. But it turned out this was one of my smallest blogging years instead.

That's why I'm writing this post right now, actually. Just to say 'hello' to you all. I miss you, to be honest. I miss my blogging life.


But as one of my personal favorite influential Owl City songs states: 'Everything changes' (Firebird, Cinematic album).

Everything changes.

And you know what? I'm ok with that.

Change is... sad.
But it's good.
It can be bad too, of course, but when change is bad, you don't have to be hopeless because the bad will come full circle and change, yet again, to good.
Which, of course, grows faith in God the whole time.
It's really quite a good system.

I think I've changed more this year than any year in so far in my life. Both for good, and for bad.
Thankfully, God has remained the same. I've learned that I can always count on Him.
I'm still learning that.



Well, this post is a whole lot of nothing. As I said, I'm just popping in to say 'hello'. I am not gone; I'm still here. Just not blogging much.
That's all. I guess I'll go now.. but I suppose you want a little update on my life.

I impulsively started watching a show on Amazon Prime. It's just called 'Victoria'. Starting Jenna Coleman as Queen Victoria.
When it first began, the story line was rather slow, but I liked it. I always like some good, down-to-earth history drama. As the season went on (I just began watching Season Two), thing started heating up dramatically, and I am still really enjoying it! This is one of the only shows I don't watch with the rest of my family... so it's kind of 'my show'. :)




I've had a musical discovery as well... one which will quite surprise you. It's Queen. The old band. From the 70s-80s. I saw the movie 'Bohemian Rhapsody' in theaters (a movie not for everyone... view with discretion and a conservative movie review, pls), and to be honest I was really inspired by the creation of their hit music as well as the story behind everything they did.
Sure, I don't condone all of their songs (some of their songs have lyrics that are... *ahem* unworthy of my ears...) I only listen to the appropriate ones. I also don't support all the messages in the movie, which is why I recommend reading a conservative movie review about it before watching.
But still. Apart from those things, their songs have such a fun, chill vibe that I just can't help loving. <3 And I love the movie, too. In spite of some content. I would see it again in a heartbeat if someone asked me.


What else? Not too much has changed as far as significant events in my life since last I blogged. To be honest, it's been quite boring. :) But, a new year is coming, with new plans.
New ideas.
New expectations.

We'll see how it goes.

:) :) :) 

Goodbye, friends.
For now.

-Amaris

6 comments:

  1. "and by George, I did!" lol so proud of you, and you better post your movie log!
    Same with expecting to be blogging more this year but ended up blogging less.
    Amen, sister, God is steadfast.
    Okay, the real question is, what do you think of Lord M?
    WAIT SO YOU WEREN'T FAMILIAR WITH QUEEN BEFORE THE MOVIE????
    I enjoyed this little update :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lissa,
      Thank you for the kind words!
      Ah, Lord M! When I watched the movie 'The Young Victoria', they made Lord M rather... I don't know, antagonistic, so that is the mindset I had for him when I first began to watch the show 'Victoria'. But I find that in the show they instead made his character rather sweet! To be honest, I love him. Prince Albert doesn't always trust him, because the Queen is so close to him, but the show never depicts Lord M trying to be manipulative of the queen. So, as far as history is concerned, I don't know how I feel about Lord Melbourne, but in the show I love him. :D

      About Queen! I was *slightly* familiar with their music before the movie, because let's be honest, who hasn't heard 'We Will Rock You' or 'We Are the Champions' at some thrift store at some point in their life?

      But I didn't know much about them or who they were. And I didn't know a lot of their music. My brother showed me the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' trailer early this Summer, and that's when I first began actively listening to them. So when the movie came out and I saw it, it sort of sealed the deal for my obsession! :D So, yes and no. :)

      Thanks for the comment, dear!
      -Amaris

      Delete
    2. Right? I adore Rufus Sewell, and I love their somewhat liberated portrayal of him, not incredibly historic, but lovely altogether.

      Haha exactly. Well that's sad, you've been missing out, I'm glad you've discovered them now.

      <3

      Delete
  2. Goodness, I know about expectations...I thought I would be able to blog so much more this year...and that didn't happen.

    Victoria! I watched the first season and really enjoyed it, but alas, I fell behind on Season 2 and have yet to watch it.

    QUEEN! I personally really like [some of] their music, but I get what you say about some songs being "unworthy of my ears," haha :) Have you ever heard of Marc Martel? He used to be lead singer in the Christian band downhere, and his voice is really similar to Freddie Mercury's-he actually does Queen covers and helped dub some of the singing in the Bohemian Rhapsody film. Anyway, if you're looking for some "Queen-like" Christian music, I'd check out his stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ​Hayden,
      Yeah.. it's kinda sad when you can't blog as much as you hoped. :( But hey, that's what life does. It gets in the way. *shrug*
      Victoria Season 2 has been.... quite good, but interesting.. :) The plot is taking some interesting turns.​ But we shall see how it goes! It's such a good show. Albert is my fave. <3
      Yes, Queen! I've been rather obsessed lately, I must admit. :)
      I think I have heard of Marc Martel... but I've never heard him sing! I will have to check out his music. Thank you for the recommendation! "Queen-like" Christian music, eh? I'm sold! :D
      Thanks for the comment!
      -Amaris

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...