Thursday, March 21, 2019

Too Great to Fathom

(Note: This isn't a song, nor is it a poem. It is an overflow of praise in my heart; inspired by the greatest love ever shown.)
It's freeing, it's sobering.
It's humbling, it's satisfying.
It's gratifying, it's loving.
It's timeless, it's wonderful.

// There isn't anything like it. //

It rights every wrong.
It bridges every gap.
It makes grown men weep.
It makes the weak strong.

 
In my worst days, it is there.
In my best days, it is there.
It is the foundation of every good thing.

// There isn't anything like it. //

From it flows love.
From it flows peace.
From it alone flows redemption.


Redemption.
What a sweet, sweet word!
  Like sugar on my lips.
Wrong has been made right.
Defeat has turned to victory.
Timidity turns to power!

// There isn't anything like it. //

Hate becomes love.
Resentment becomes forgiveness.
Pride becomes humbled.


Simple enough for a child.
Yet it baffles the wisest man.

It is a comfort to the lonely.
It is power for the weak.
It is prosperity for the lowly.
It is refuge for the condemned.
It is delight for the oppressed.

// There isn't anything like it. //
.
.
.
You might have already guessed it; it's the gospel. 


  ~

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, the living God; When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
Psalm 42:1-3 

Many are the afflictions of the righteous. But the LORD delivers him out of them all.
Psalm 34:19

O LORD, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.
Psalms 51:15



-Amaris

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...