Thursday, August 15, 2019

how to talk to people (and not die)

Here are some questions I've thought of to start deep conversations with people if you're an introvert like me and are deathly afraid of dislike small talk.

p.s. they actually work- I've tried them myself and it really helps me when I'm in a social situation and I don't know what to say or how to start a conversation.

--

What's your favorite way to appreciate God? 

Should you ever regret caring, even if it made things worse in the end or it seemed to not matter?

How do you maximize the positive and minimize the negative without ignoring the negative or pretending it doesn't exist?

How do you tell if your way of 'helping' someone becomes enabling to them and their toxic/bad behavior? 

What does spiritual and emotional maturity mean to you?

Do you think we choose God or did He choose us?

Do you think that miracles run out for a person or situation? 

Do relationships define a person? What about a person who doesn’t have a lot of friends? 

Do you think a person's personality changes as they get older? Or do you think it just advances and evolves, while remaining still the same mainly?

What's the best way to learn about something? 

Do you think hatred exists or is it just the absence of love?

At what point do you give up trying to be friends with someone?

What do you like about (or dislike, if they're not a believer!) Christianity? 

Is sharing an opinion worth the risk of embarrassment if you’re wrong? At what point do you think you have enough information to share an opinion and stand by it?

Do you see video games as ultimately good or bad for a person/s character? 

In your opinion, what makes a good movie?

--

Photo Credit: Me
Well, that's all you guys. Let me know if you use any of these and if they help you at all/what you think of them.

~ Amaris // ☆

4 comments:

  1. I am also an introvert and have a hard time coming up with things to say, so this is super helpful! Great list of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I've needed! Grace and I are always saying we should think of something to break up a lapse in conversation! Here is a really funny meme from Pinterest- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/297448750363158410/?lp=true

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. <3 I've come a long way in my social life, as an introvert, but sometimes anxiety and shyness still gets ahold of me when I'm not feeling it. So this is a very helpful idea to keep in mind for those days. Thanks Amaris!
    -Tessa
    P.S. Finally back to commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Amaris! Just wanted to let you know we tagged you here in our Sunshine Award Tag- https://maidensofgreengables.blogspot.com/
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...