Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Small Devotional From Psalm 27

Whilst reading this Psalm on a rainy Wednesday morning at my favorite coffee place, I was struck by a theme of Psalm 27. I noticed that there are mainly two "characters" in this Psalm... God, and the Psalmist. The thing about this chapter that God pointed out to me, and stuck out at me the most was the different roles, or actions, from each 'character'. I think these "roles" say a lot and give good insight about what God's behavior is and attributes are, and also about what our (and the Psalmist's) role and responsibilities are in response to God's behavior. I'd like to outline them here, for your observation. 

These are not polished up in any real way, just note that these are my own observations and interpretations of the Psalm. By all means dig into the chapter yourself and see if you notice the same things!!

God's Behavior:

-He is the Light

-He is my Salvation

-My Defense

-My reason for Confidence

-The Beauty I get to behold

-The One Who conceals me

-The One Who hides me

-The One Who lifts me up

-The One Who commands me to Seek His Face

-My Help

-The One Who takes me up when I am forsaken

-The One who Teaches me His Way

-The One Who Leads me in a Level Path


My (& the Psalmist's) Role in Response:

-I have no reason for fear or dread

-I can be confident in, and as a result of, the LORD

-I can dwell in His House

-I can Seek

-I can behold His beauty

-I can meditate in His temple

-My head is lifted by God

-I am able to offer sacrifices in praise

-I can cry to God

-I am commanded, and empowered, to obey the Lord by seeking

-I can believe that I will see the goodness of God

-I can wait for the LORD

-My heart can take courage



My favorite verses in this chapter //

Psalm 27 : 1 

The LORD is my Light and my Salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?

Psalm 27 : 4

One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD and to meditate in His temple. 

Psalm 27 : 6

And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

Psalm 27 : 8

When You said, "Seek My face", my heart said to You "Your face, O LORD, I shall seek".

Psalm 27 : 10

For my father and my mother have forsaken me, But the LORD will take me up.


Until next time, friends.

-Amaris


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...