Monday, September 17, 2018

// Actual Reasons to NOT Hate Mondays //

This post is a bit inspired by a post my best friend did on her new blog, This Great Adventure.
We got to talking in the comments of that post, and I had the idea for this post. So, here you go.

First off, I don't think it's wrong to have a difficult times with Mondays sometimes. After all, for many people it's the first day to get back to work after the weekend. It's kinda hard sometimes!

But, I have a few reasons why Mondays are actually days that we can rejoice in, instead of drudging through it in 'i need coffee' misery.

Here we go.



// Mondays Are a New Beginning //

The main reason I have for not hating Mondays is that they are a fresh start! The first day of the week is a great time to get your routine and your goals back on schedule. Sure, it might be hard to get back into the swing of things after the weekend, but sometimes a little bit of hard work is just what we need.
They are a new beginning of work that sets the tone for the whole week!

I believe that new beginnings are Biblical. God talks a lot in the Bible about putting old things (the past, our sin, our old ways, etc.) behind us.

The main verse I am speaking of is 2 Corinthians 5:17, which says:

Therefore is any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.


But then there's also another verse which says something similar, a page or two before 5:17, which speaks of how we are renewed every day.

2 Corinthians 4:16

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

I've gotta say it's a great reason to look forward to waking up on Monday morning, as hard as it might be sometimes.



// Mondays Are a Day (Among Many) Given to us by God //

God is Someone we can take refuge in, because He will never fail us. That includes on Mondays!
When I wake up on Monday morning and am tempted to dread the day before me as I go to work, fall back into routine, and perform my Monday duties, I have to stop myself and remember that each and every day is a gift from God.
Even if Mondays are not always 100%, that's no reason for me (us) to hate them!
Rather, I must remember to make the most of my time, as it states in Ephesians 5:15-17.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Who am I to be miserable because the calendar happens to say 'Monday' when God has given me the gift of an entire day that I can use for Him?
And finally:



// Mondays Are Another Day That We Can Serve, Grow, and Take Refuge in the Lord //

This is the last verse (and the last reason) I have. It is one verse among many found in the Bible that talks about taking refuge in Him.

Psalm 16:1

Preserve me, Oh God, for I take refuge in [You].

This reason kind of goes hand-in-hand with the 2nd reason. Not only are Mondays a gift from God, but they are opportunities to grow in God and become more and more dependent on Him in your life. God is all about growing and changing us, and Monday, just like every other day,  is the PERFECT time to do just that.



~*~
So... with all of that, I guess my number one tip is.... forget that it's Monday!
Live each day as a gift from God, because it is.
Look at every day you wake up as an opportunity for God to do amazing things through you, because He will.
See every new moment as a time that's never been lived in before, because it hasn't.

That is all for now, peeps.

I have missed blogging! It's good to be back. :) I hope you are doing well!

-Amaris

(all verses cited here are from my NASB Bible)
(all pictures in this post are mine - taken from my aesthetic Instagram - use them if you want but please credit me!)




2 comments:

  1. So apparently I never saw this, and I never knew you wrote such a good post, or that you mentioned me. It's a GREAT post, Amaris!! I love it. :) thanks for linking my blog, too. :)
    Miss you in the blogging world, but that's alright. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I just happened to decide to check my blog comments for the first time in weeks only TWO days after you posted that! :D
      Thank you! And you're welcome, my dear. :) <3
      -Amaris

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...