Saturday, December 12, 2020

well hello

Hello everyone. 

I have no idea if anyone still reads my blog. 

I don't know why anyone ever did. I certainly don't have anything to say. It's always ever only been for fun that I write on here. 

Something to say or not, here I am yet again. 

It's been awhile. 


There are a few questions people have been asking me when they haven't seen me for awhile. For the sake of this post, we'll pretend you're the friend.


how have you been doing with this *virus thing* //

Unpopular opinion - the "Coronavirus" is just the/a flu. It's nothing special. It's not very deadly. It's not worth all the shutdowns. It's not worth all the fear. It's not worth all the lost businesses and jobs. It's not worth the New World Order.

"But people are dying"

Yeah. People have always died. 

It's what they do.


where are you working these days //

I don't know if I ever actually 'told' my Blog that I got a job at The Home Depot in August of 2019. When The Virus happened, I continued to work, because you know... "Essential Retailer" and all that. Still working there. Good company. Best pay I've ever made at any job, best career opportunities I've ever personally been exposed to. We'll see where that goes. Worked a lot during the first shutdown of April 2020. Worked 90 hours one week, actually. That was a blast (no sarcasm. I actually had a lot of fun working the craziness that week. Plus, overtime. Yay)

Also in 2019 (November) I got hired at a bowling ally. But I consider it a side hustle. Especially since bowling allies are open and shut all the time in 2020 because of *restrictions*. I have spent weeks, even months, at a time not working there this year. But I always come back. It's a great fun place to make a little side cash. 


is God still important to you //

When the Whole World shut down in April, I stopped going to church. Because of all the working I didn't have time/didn't make time to read my Bible as well. Bad idea. "Drifted away" a little bit there. But I never stopped believing, and I never stopped trusting that He has a plan and was taking care of me. 

But it was a little hard to notice Him and think about Him when I wasn't constantly reminding myself with church fellowship and scripture. These days things are a little better,  and I now make more time for Him. Found a new/better church family. I even study the Bible sometimes. It's been pretty good.

Here's a verse. 

Psalm 51:1-2

Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;

According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.


how's the mental health //

Icky. But I've got a few things in the works to help with that.


read any good books lately //

Working on Atomic Habits, by James Clear. Really, really good book. Finished The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek by my favorite internet comedy duo, Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal. Not a bad book but you can tell that Rhett and Link don't write novels for a living. 

If I finish Atomic Habits by New Years, I will have read those two books this year. 

I don't think I'm going to make it. 

So.. one book in 2020. 


watched anything notable //

Nothing very notable so far this year. 2020 was filled with The Office background noise coming from the MacBook Air sitting on my bedroom desk as I fell asleep. A few months back, I did watch Breaking Bad. How was that? Riveting. Tremendous. All the best adjectives. 


anything else //

I have 11 house plants in my room. Some are dying. Most are easy to care for, so they're thriving. The Pothos are doing great, as is the Camille. The Dumb Cane, I'm afraid, is suffering and may have to be put out of her misery soon....

Someone asked me to be their girlfriend for the first time in my life. He is a good man, so I said yes. I guess I'm in a relationship as of November 2, 2020.

I went to four weddings this year between the dates of September 17 and November 28. I haven't been to very many weddings but now I guess I can't say that. I can even say I've been to a Halloween wedding. That was pretty fun.


Well, that's about it. So much has happened this year but I can't think of anything short enough to put in this post. I don't want to get all long and ramble-y with it.

There's so many things I could say. 

So many things I could thank God for. 

I worked hard.

I discovered new music.

I got 4 wisdom teeth out.

I got chicken pox.

Found some new restaurants (ironically, considering the shutdowns).

I made new friends.

I got my heart broken. 

I learned some valuable lessons.

I learned the value of true friendship (a rather cliché statement fit for a Hallmark movie ending, I know).


I guess this is my New Years post for 2020. 


Thanks for reading.

Until next time...

-Amaris




4 comments:

  1. thumbs up for the political rant :)

    It was great to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when bloggers come back. You've had quite the busy year. Congratulations on all you've acommplished.

    I meant to have a busy year, but I didn't try hard enough to figure out what was still open and that I could do. I basically used the pandemic as an excuse to already keep living in quarantine.

    Covid is worse than the flu as its more contagious, (therefore more die because more people get it, the actual mortality among those ill is probably higher too, though not as much as people are implying), but it's closer to the flu than the Black Death people are acting like it is. And we never had a very long shutdown, so I could have gone places with a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaris! I've seen your updates on Goodreads and wondered how you were doing! Thanks for catching us all up. Ugh, I feel you on the wisdom teeth. I had mine pulled in early 2019 and it was quite an ordeal.

    Have a good December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you posted! So nice to have you back! Please keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...