Saturday, May 7, 2016

My O-PIN-ions

And yes I just stressed the "PIN" in "Opinions" because I wanted to share my thoughts on a few pins and I just realized that "opinions" has the word "pin" in it.
Ahem. Yes, I'm a little bit of a dork, thank you.


~*~ 
I found this pin rather interesting. Where is this girl at, where's she headed, what is her situation? Is that a graveyard? It is early in the morning, and she looks quite distressed. Maybe her step-family hates her. Maybe her step-sisters make her do all the work. Maybe she shall meet a handsome prince in the woods. 
Just maybe. What do you think?

~*~

From 'Giphy'
~*~
Let me take a second to appreciate this gif, which is from one of my favorite I Love Lucy episodes (actually I lied. They are all my favorite). It is "Lucy Wants a Paris Gown". It is one of the episodes when the Ricardos and the Mertzes are in Europe. Needless to say, Lucy and Ethel decide they want designer dresses from Paris, so Fred and Ricky stick fancy labels on potato sacks and feed bags and tell the girls they're designer gowns. 
So in the gif, Lucy is flouncing proudly around wearing her 'designer Paris gown' in public, while Ricky is relishing this moment of his deception. I LOVE her earrings, btw.
~*~

 
 ~*~
This adorable picture from 'The Sound of Music'. I never really enjoyed that movie too much, to be honest. Which is surprising, as I'm supposed to be the huge WWII fanatic and all that. I don't know. Maybe I just don't absolutely LOVE Julie Andrews. 
But this picture! His smile is so nice, and her dress was my dream outfit as a child. Look at those walls too! Is he rich or is he RICH?
Still, it's been awhile since I've seen the movie, so maybe I ought to watch it again now that I'm a little older before I go around saying I dislike it. Ah well. :P 
~*~

From 'Buzzfeed'.
~*~
So let me tell you something funny: When I first saw this pin on my feed, I thought that it was one of those old-fashioned dance card thingies, like they have in the Anne of Green Gables movie. So I thought, what kind of question is that for a dance card? Who wrote that anyways? Is he/she trying to propose in a really weird way or something? "Here's a dance card for you. DARLING. Now before you even ACCEPT my proposal, just lemme ask you this question." 
And then I saw my error and realized it was an idea for a wedding. :P  There's me for you. I know I've got a funny little brain.
~*~

From Photobucket

~*~
THIS GIF. AHAHHAH. I find this immensely hilarious. I don't even watch Doctor Who. Sure, I know it's British and timey-wimey, and all that jazz, but it's just not my thing, you know? But I still manage to know all about it because some of my siblings watch it. 
Just look at the way the Doctor's ears stick up over the hat. XD And River's hair... it's so curly and gorgeous. She always reminds me a little of Sharona from Monk in appearance. And Rory is just standing there being cute.
I feel like no one even knew what a fez was until this show came along. *puts on fez because fezzes are cool*
 ~*~

From El Ojo Lector
~*~ 
This painting intrigues me. It makes me think of the Scarlet Pimpernel (which I NEED to read again... *bangs head on table because I have little time to read these days... much less things I've ALREADY read*). I always like paintings if they speak to me somehow, or if I like something about them. For example: I really like the tulle-looking-stuff on her hat. And her little cat. Or is that a dog? *shrugs* She's obviously out for a pleasure walk. 
And the man there, gazing at her. Or is he just glancing? What do you say? Is he gazing or glancing? Perhaps he is in love with her, but afraid to say so to her face. Or perhaps she has rejected him, and is now ignoring him, which pains him mightily. Or perhaps they are just passing by each other and he tipped his hat and is now about to return into his home.
Say, what's the name of this painting, anyways? I don't know. :P
~*~


~*~
I must say I appreciated this pin when I saw it because now I will never have to wonder why ghosts pass through walls. Isn't that the most handy piece of information? Seriously, I could use this for a story or something. Even though I don't write ghost stories. : / But still.
~*~

~*~
This gif.
From The Lord of the Rings.
Which is amazing.
Because that guard person looks completely amused.
And Viggo is looking very serious.
And Peter Jackson is wearing a pink boa. A PINK BOA.
And these people obviously had WAY TOO MUCH FUN on the set during the making of these movies. 
Yep, I'm a fan. Such a fan.
~*~

From FanPop

~*~
Melting into a puddle of sparkling happiness because I found this pic of Mr. Firth being made into Mr. Darcy, and he's even got his serious face on. 
 ~*~

Ok, one last pin. For the Queen of England's birthday, which was a few weeks ago.
From Quickmeme
You're welcome, Queen. Now pardon me while I go have tea and crumpets.
~*~

So yeah. Now my secret's out and you all know what I like to do in my spare time when I'm not reading books or working on my novel or doing crafts.
 It's called PINTEREST, and WE GOT IT.
Have a nice day. 
-Phoebe

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Pinterest!! <3 Tis wonderful!! Lord of the Rings!! <3 Fun post, Phoebe!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love Pinterest, Phoebe. :-P
    I love the picture of Colin Firth. I'd seen it before of course, but STILL. (And Julie Andrews is SO CUTE in that picture.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that post Phoebe!!! You did a great job! I always love your blog posts. So I just had to tell you how much I love it! Keep up the good work Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOSH.
    I loved The Sound of Music. Y u no like??
    THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS DANCE CARD!!! Kinda creepy, but funny too. :)
    gotta love Viggo Mortensen in LotR.
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...