Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Few Things I'm Glad Exist

First of all, before I dive into a few recent 'favorites', I have to thank you all for the support you showed me in the comments of my last post. I did a lot of praying before I put anything about Beauty and the Beast on  this blog, and I felt like the Spirit was leading me to share my heart about the issue. All of your comments just really encouraged me and confirmed that I did the right thing in that respect. So I just gotta say 'thank you' for that!

So anyways, here are just a few favorite things that I have been enjoying lately (and for good reasons!).
There are new things, as well as old things that I am returning to.
Enjoy!


Firstly:
SPRING IS HERE, PEOPLE..Well, not technically. The actual date of Spring is March 20th, but STILL. It looks like Spring, it feels like Spring, so therefore it IS Spring.
This is my favorite time of year. Early Spring, specifically. It's not full-blown Spring yet, but the flowers are just starting to peep around everywhere, and you have maybe a dandelion or two, and the grass is kind of half green and half yellow, and there's these cute little buds popping out all over the branches and the trees, and the weather is (for the most part) amazing... Just. Yes. *breathes deeply* *sighs contentedly* *because Spring*


Book Find: "How to Talk to Anyone". So I saw this book at Barnes & Noble, and it looked pretty interesting so I took it home. Fellows, I am really glad I picked it up. I don't know about you, but I can get pretty shy when I talk to people, and I have to admit that my communications skills are NOT the best. :P # this is what happens when a person cares more about reading and doing crafts and staying at home than actually going out into the world and socializing.
Anyways, I'm halfway through the book, but it has really helped me so far. It gives tips on starting conversations, carrying conversations, how to keep eye contact (which I've always been horrible at :P), as well as other tips and tricks to bring to the table when conversing with people. 
So I definitely recommend this book. It isn't super psychological and complicated, nor does it resemble a boring school textbook. Plus, I just find the cover super cute...? Anyone else?


Broadway: Newsies
I am aware that most of my followers have seen and loved Newsies. So you are probably excited about this part. I had never actually seen it before. I mean, I'd heard of it, but I'd never seen it. Nor have I heard any of the songs, nor have I ever watched any trailers for the Broadway show or anything.
I was a babe in the woods, when it came to Newsies.
Well, no longer. My friend's grandparents bought me a ticket to the three day event thingy in cinemas to see a live filming of the production.
AND. BOY.


I had no idea what I've been missing. What acting! What dancing! What voices! I had a super good time with my best friend and I enjoyed the show immensely.

And, once or twice., I may or may not have... *lowers voice*...occasionally... *glances around* ... kind of...*whispers*....fangirled.


I'm going to let you in on something. In case you didn't already know, I don't like musicals. I might even go so far as to say I HATE them. That is not including a few exceptions, however. Such as 'Singin' in the Rain', 'White Christmas', and a few others. And Newsies, my friends, made the cut. Which surprised me, because I am not a fan of Broadway musicals in particular. They just bug me.

'Hamilton'? Nooo.
'Wicked'? PLEASE no. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHETHER YOU CAN DEFY GRAVITY OR NOT JUST LEAVE ME OUT OF IT PLEASE.


YouTube: Blimey Cow. I have really enjoyed Blimey Cow's videos lately. They have just been funny as well as eye opening to me. I try to show some of the videos to my mom, but she never likes them because "that guy talks too fast". XD I guess he does, but his content is still great!
And I have to mention how happy I am for Jordan because... *sniff*... he got engaged. I don't even know this kid, but I've been watching him for years and it's just so cool after watching all the videos he's made about the struggles with dating and courting and crushes to see that he has happily found his special someone...


*dries happy tears* Onto the next subject!
I have to mention Sherlock Season 4!!!!! (aka the best season of the best show ever). One of the good things about the fact that I've FINALLY watched this season is that I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SEEING SPOILERS ON MY PINTEREST FEED ANYMORE. I had to unfolllow like 2 of my favorite pinner's Sherlock boards (Abbie C.'s and Ashley Elliot's) because I kept seeing Season Four spoilers. So now I'm just going to hop over and follow them back because I've seen the episodes. *hops*
Abbie was decent enough to warn people of spoilers in her board title, which I was grateful for, but not before I ACCIDENTALLY SAW A FEW THINGS I SHOULDN'T HAVE.

This gets me every time. XD
Even with the spoilers I saw, the season took waayyyy too many unexpected and devastating turns.
I mean, just...*sniffs* John... Mary..... Sherlock.......... Redbeard................Molly.......*cries softly*
I can't tell you anymore. But I died like a thousand deaths watching it.

THIS EPISODE KILLED ME.
I'm usually not the kind of person to obsess over a TV show or a movie or anything, but if ever a show mercilessly ripped out my poor little heart, it was this show, this season.
For sure.



*crying*

And can we just take a second to appreciate what a great actor Benedict Cumberbatch is? He pretty much blows me away in every role I've seen him in (like, three roles other than Sherlock). I mean, seriously. He's the best.
*Salutes to Ben*
Yes, yes, and yessss.
I'm thinking of doing a 'Sherlock BBC' week on the blog sometime, and we can post stuff about Sherlock, and the show, and our favorite characters, and there can be a tag, and other Sherlock fun stuff, and you know.... what do you think of that? I'm not sure how many of my followers actually like the show, so it might be boring for some of you.
OR MAYBE YA'LL SHOULD JUST WATCH THE SHOW. AND WE CAN DO A SHERLOCK WEEK.
THIS IS YOUR CUE.
GO WATCH IT.
Ok, I'm going to end the Sherlock section of this post because I feel like I'm beginning to repeat myself.


Please Look at the Moon. Guys. I have been completely obsessed with looking at the moon lately. It is so pure and absolutely perfect and breathtaking and gorgeous. If you have the moon where you live (and I know you do), look at it tonight if you can.
Also, I'm pretty excited about those 7 new 'earths' NASA has apparently discovered? I was pretty intrigued at the news. The idea that there are other planets with water and air wayyyyy way out there is just so cool to me. *shrug* I don't know. I just like space, y'all.


It's been about 4 months and I'm still laughing at this meme. 
I had to share because guys... this meme. XD I just can't...
 

*laughs my little triumphant laugh*

Hooray for Writing: After almost a year of no writing, I've actually done a little bit of plotting on my story lately. Just this week I wrote TWO WHOLE TIMES. Which is way more than I have been used to.
It was great.
#Behold the most disciplined writer ever.
The story is coming along splendidly where it was at a standstill before, but I'm quite a ways from holding a physical book in my hands. :P Wish me luck, I guess.



Working my way through Star Wars: It's been an interesting ride, but I have a couple of friends who are helping me out in my journey as I watch this series for the first time. :) At this point, I've seen IV, V, VI, and I. I know I definitely like IV and V.
VI was OK, and Ep. I was a little weird... I'm just not sure how I feel about the whole thing, but like I said, it's been interesting. I am pretty excited to watch one of the recent  movies, though :) I've heard great things about Rogue One. But, *shrug* we'll see. :)



Coming to a Realization: I decided I will be totally fine if I never get married. I mean, I would be happy to GET married, but if God is like "actually you'll be fine single", then I am perfect with that. It gives me more time to serve the Lord wholeheartedly. And I have plenty of things to do with my life other than spend it with a husband and children.
But like I said, I'm trying to stay open to whatever God has in mind. Be it easy or hard.
#hopefully easy
#but probably hard



So that is what I have been up to lately, if anyone cares. :)
Thank you for reading!

It isn't the great big pleasures that count the most. It's making a great deal out of the little ones. -Daddy Long Legs.

p.s. See, I told you happy posts were coming. :) 

4 comments:

  1. NEWSIES. So glad you loved it. I'm not sure how I'd react if someone said they hated it. :P

    That book on "how to talk to anyone" looks really interesting. I could have used it yesterday when I had to make my first phone call for a job interview. (SCARY)

    I LOVE THAT ELECTION MEME. Honestly one of my favorites. Have you seen this one?
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AaU_DDHeO8p2kHFbW8-akDlUowAOcOlZ9l-Zp8QFufxxFLDIepsMQZQ/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie:
      Yes, I did rather enjoy Newsies. :) Although I still get confused when I'm talking with someone and they say a name of one of the characters that I don't remember.
      I remember when I had to take MY first interview phone call. I was pretty nervous, but hey, I got the job!
      LOL, I HAVE seen that one with the shredded emails! It's so funny. XD
      So glad she's out of the game. *whew*
      -Amaris

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I didn't know you were a writer! What do you like to write? What are you writing now??

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love Newsies too! We have watched the original movie with Christian Bale, and loved it till we saw the Jeremy Jordan Musical and REALLY LOVED THAT! WE also saw it locally once too! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...