Monday, April 1, 2019

Some Drawings

If you're on Instagram, you've probably seen me post drawings in the last few months. You might also know that since the Summer of 2018, I have taken my drawing hobby more seriously (I even took a class! It was quite fun), and because of that I have improved in recent months!
I have been posting most of the good ones on my art Instagram @sketching_smee, but if you're not on Instagram, here is a glimpse into some of the drawings I have done lately, and plus I think it'll be fun for me to look back at these one day on the blog.

They are in no particular order. :)

~
 Avocados
The cutting board is slightly crooked, and it bothers me every time I see it. I like how the shading and texture turned out tho.


Breakable
 This was for an Inktober drawing. The prompt was 'breakable'.


Broken But Free
This one kind of went along with what was going on in my life at the time.


Christmas Bell Still Life
One of my favorite still life drawings! I'm really proud of how the shading turned out.


House in a Bottle
It was Christmas season when I drew this.


Jolt
Another Inktober drawing. The prompt was 'jolt'.


A Lonely Seashell
I did a few drawing requests on my art Instagram. This was inspired by my best friend's prompt, 'beaches'.


Minimal Mountainscape
Fooling around with a pencil one evening. I wasn't trying to make it good but I like how it turned out.


Shaded Pumpkins
One of my favorite charcoal pieces.


Snow Bird
The chickadee is my favorite kind of bird. :)


Soul Butterfly
I combined a few ideas from images I found on Pinterest, and ended up with this tattoo-looking zen-esque butterfly.


Space Shuttle Launch
Another favorite piece done with charcoal. Sadly, I didn't have any fixative spray at the time I made this, so it was ruined when I closed my drawing book. I only have pictures to prove the piece ever existed.


Sputnik 1, October 4th, 1957
The rightmost antenna is slightly crooked and it bothers me to death.


Star
One of my favorite Inktober drawings, the prompt was 'star'.


Sunshine Flower
A piece I drew and gave to a very special friend, because to me she is sunshine.


Tropical Arrangement No.1
Another piece I gave away to a friend. I like drawing things for people, because I can now. :)


That is all, my friends! I have so much to learn with drawing, but things are going well. I must keep practicing. 
Thanks for reading! 

-Amaris

Which drawing is your favorite? If you draw, do you have any drawing tips for me? :)

15 comments:

  1. Woooooah!! These are amazing Amaris!!

    I started to list my favorite ones but I listed like basically all of them so... XD I reallllly love how realistic the sunflower one looks too!!

    Keep it up Girl! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Woodhouse:
      Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed. The sunflower is a favorite of mine too. :)
      -Amaris

      Delete
  2. Ah, these are so lovely!! I'm so glad that you shared these. I love that one of the chickadee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This are excellent. I think the sunflower is my favorite. I'm meaning to work on my drawing this year, but it's not in my schedule just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livia:
      Thank you! Good luck with your drawing! :)
      -Amaris

      Delete
  4. OMG--these are gorgeous!!! My favorite would probably be the sunflower--but they all look so good! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad you like. :) Yes, sunflowers are a favorite! <3
      -Amaris

      Delete
  5. I love these! You are very talented, Amaris! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace:
      Thank you! I appreciate the kind words! <3
      -Amaris

      Delete
  6. YOUR TALENT ASTOUNDS ME YOU'RE AMAZING, FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE! *takes a deep breath* anyways they're really good drawings haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely love your blog, so inspiring.I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...