My Friends, 'tis I!
Man, did I go into the summer with the best-est of intentions to post regularly every Wednesday! But alas, each Wednesday came and went and there was no post from me. I would say "I'm sorry", but am I? It's my blog, my summer, my life after all! And it's been a good summer so far!
| The unexpected beauty of my Home Depot store |
I don't have a formal post structured for this right now, I just wanted to pop in (even tho it's not a Wednesday) and give a random update to say that I am still alive, and I have every good intention to start posting regularly again soon. I already have several posts in the works, I just need to pull the trigger and get them finished up!
So... Life?
Life with the baby is absolutely precious. My little Abram (aka "Aber", aka "Aber-diah") is almost 6 months! Malachi my eldest (who turned 3 in June), absolutely adores him. He loves talking to Abram, cuddling with him, giving him a paci when he cries, and just helping with him in many ways. I have to monitor his... "aggressive" love sometimes, but it's all well and good!
| Espresso tonics have been my go-to lately! |
In other news...
I randomly decided the other day that I was DONE living in a non-painted, undecorated apartment. Our apartment is painted with the really cheap, flat builder paint, and has been scuffed pretty much as soon as we moved in. I am painting it over with higher quality satin stuff. At least starting to. I painted the very first drop of paint yesterday in our bathroom. We now have a teal blue/green accent wall. The color was "Summer Dragonfly", by Behr. It's absolutely gorgeous! Not just cause it covered all the gross looking scuffs and dirt marks on our wall, but cause the color brings such a lovely life to it!
In the very near future, I have even MORE plans for paint, and even have another one bought already.
Soon, I shall update this blog with some photos to see what I've done!
| Was feeling "Tumblr-Girl-y" LOL (Don't worry I wasn't actually driving here) |
The other piece I mentioned, decorating, is something I'm finally doing too. A few years ago when we still had two full-time incomes (mainly 2024), I was on Facebook Marketplace frequently and collecting decor here and there that I personally liked. With the plan to put it all up once I get the final furniture I wanted and had a solid plan for paint colors and the full look. Well, as you know, the money changed, and the purchasing slowed down, and the priorities shifted from finding the last pieces of furniture to making sure the major bills are paid.
So, I realized that if I didn't "bite the bullet", as they say, and just jump right into some colorful paint even WITHOUT a full plan, then it was just never gonna happpen. I mean, we've been at our place for 3 years. I'm tired of living in a plain white-ish walled asylum with scuffy marks everywhere!
| MORE unexpected beauty of my Home Depot store! |
Already the change in the bathroom has improved my mood and overall feeling of our living situation. Because of course, my greatest desire is to have a house. But... .this makes things, shall we say, bearable!
☆ ☆ ☆
Well friends, I shall leave you for now. I just wanted to come in and say "hello" to let you know that I do indeed still live and breathe as surely as the sun rises and sets, however long the sun may last beyond MY lifetime. And I shall return to the regularity of posting very soon indeed.
| Life in Motherhood |
~ Amaris // ☆
No comments:
Post a Comment