Friday, August 12, 2022

Healthy Habits I'm Working On

 So.... in light of the list I posted in the last blog post about Things That Make Depression Worse, here is a list of things that help depression and mental health, based on a lot of videos I watched on the subject (because let's all agree that YouTube is the most reliable resource for mental health education... low-key for real).

1. Practicing Mindfulness - This is one of the main things I've been trying to implement lately, as I talked about in my last post, which goes hand-in-hand with the ability to self-examine. I have been working on the book "Relational Intelligence" lately, which has helped me largely in this area (as well as improving my ability to interact with people around me in a meaningful and impactful way).

2. Move More - Be more active! This one I used to do a lot more consistently. I used to walk about an hour every single day! Oh to have the time to do that again! But alas. At least I can shoot for 20 minutes these days, and that's something. 

3. Call a Friend, Don't Isolate Yourself - I've always struggled with this one unintentionally. I'm an introvert by nature, so this one just kind of happens. I don't realize it, nor does it really effect me in an obvious way, so I've always disregarded it. But it's true and proven that surrounding yourself with good people who want to lift you up and want the best for you has a major impact mental health. 

4. Eat Better - I have always been off and on with this one. Lately my eating habits have not been of the most healthy nature, but both my husband and I have been working on changing this habit for the better as we plunge headlong into our new life and future for our family!

5. Vitamin D & Sunlight - A dear friend pointed this out to me, that when you don't get enough sunlight and vitamin D, it can greatly affect your mental health. So, when I get my 20 minute walk during the day, I can kill two birds with one stone by walking through the sunbeams and getting those vitamins that I have been lacking!

These are my findings, and these are the habits that I am working on implementing in my every day routines, in order to care for myself in that way. 

Perhaps, this list will be of help to you too. Farewell for now, fwends.

-Amaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...